Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Nanny the Great!


My mom always says that Nanny has a special relationship with every one of her grandchildren--that each of us would swear up and down that she really does like us best. She's right. (Except that I really am Nanny's favorite.)

Nanny has been "raising" grandchildren and now great-grandchildren for more than thirty-five years. All told, she has three boys and three girls. She's got at least three that are mechanical and at least three who could currently care less. (That's me and the two great grandbabies.) She's got three in Dallas and three that are a little bit farther flung. Ahem...she's only got one brown-eyed girl. (I told you I was the special one!)

Our time together--Nanny, Jack, and me--was an absolute treasure.
Jack took to Nanny the way all her grands and greats do. He smiled and flirted and cooed and wooed her, determined that he would be her favorite, too. We laughed and cuddled and dressed him up. We ate and told stories and escaped for a couple of adventures. It was vintage Nanny time and Jack fit right in.


No comments:

Post a Comment