Wednesday, February 24, 2010

we're dreaming...

Two days ago, we were sweating in our sweaters. It was a still seventy degrees. Then that funny thing happened that sometimes happens here in Central Texas. The sky goes grey and fluffy and we wake up, ready to go about our routines, and realize that there are big fat snow flakes falling in our backyard.

Today, Jack and I did just that. I raced to get us both dressed so that we could take a picture before the sun came out and our wintery white vision was gone.

As you can see, it was tough to take a picture of the two of us that did justice not only to our exquisite mother/son beauty, but also to the white stuff. Basically, it looks like I have a bad case of dandriff and Jack is disgusted, but tolerant of me--what with that whole giving him life thing. In reality, I think he was a little bit miserable. The flakes
were absolutely huge and when they fell on his face, he blinked and shuddered and gave me the evil eye.

Eventually, mean mommy took him back in, but I had to get proof that he had really seen snow. What with the global warming and the general lack of frozen precip here in the heart of the lonestar state, it could be a while before he has another opportunity.

We made our way to my office carefully and we had a chance to see the snow fall and melt a couple more times that afternoon. Jack particularly enjoyed watching the squirrels from my office window. Then, when we thought there was break between fronts, we headed home to do a little bit of snuggling while we waited for Daddy to get home.

After all, like surprise snow, the number of days that Jack will voluntarily snuggle with me are limited too!

No comments:

Post a Comment